The permit is available to people over the age of 18. They have additional requirements:
- A long-term relationship of at least 2 years with a British national, which can be proved;
- absence of tuberculosis – everyone who enters the state for more than 6 months must be tested;
- Knowledge of English at least A1 on the CEFR scale – you need to pass a test to prove this.
Since a foreign national who is in the country on a fiancée or groom’s visa cannot work, he must provide proof of financial solvency. Usually this is required of the future spouse – a British citizen: he must prove an income of at least £18,600 annually.
How to apply for a UK spouse visa
- Prepare your documents right away. You will need:
- The results of a medical test for tuberculosis;
- English language test results;
- A valid passport;
- Evidence that the relationship is strong – for example, joint photos, tickets confirming meetings, screenshots of correspondence.
In some cases the consul may ask for additional papers – provide them. Submit the package of documents to the visa center or directly to the consulate along with a completed application form.
Your application will be reviewed within a few weeks. If approved, you will be granted a visa. You can come to the UK, get married, and then apply for citizenship.
If you need help, please contact us. During all our work have helped more than 3,000 visas and helped over 200 clients obtain citizenship. Book a personal consultation – we will tell you what the requirements for applicants are now, when and how to apply.