Other Types of Non-Immigrant Visa to Thailand

Other Types of Non-Immigrant Visa to Thailand

B: For business-related activities, employment, course work, work as an English teacher, film producer or sports coach, internship, short-term work as a journalist or reporter, and non-course work internship. In the section above, we mentioned only the requirements for a particular business visa. Note that each of these categories has its own characteristics.

IM: Investments in consultation with the relevant ministries and government departments in Thailand.

IB: Investments or investment-related activities in accordance with the prescribed investment promotion laws.

ED: Study, work-study or supervisory tours, participation in projects or seminars, attendance at conferences or training courses, and training as a foreign Buddhist monk. This type of visa also allows you to engage in missionary or religious activities if approved by Thai ministries or government departments. It also covers internships that are part of a training program.

M: For long-term work as a film producer, journalist or reporter.

D/F: For diplomatic staff who work abroad or are on official missions.

MS: For research or training or teaching at a research institute.

EX: To do skilled work or work as an expert or specialist.

O: To visit family or friends in Thailand. It also includes the opportunity to take up voluntary work, enjoy retirement, undergo medical treatment, participate in legal proceedings, or work as a diplomat’s housekeeper.

O-A: For foreigners over the age of 50 wishing to remain in Thailand for a long period without work.

O-X: Allow foreigners over the age of 50 who wish to remain in Thailand for an extended period without working, provided that they are residents of Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America.

Extension of stay

If you want to extend your stay in Thailand beyond the permitted period, you can apply to the Immigration Bureau. You can also apply here if you want to change your visa type.

The decision depends solely on the immigration officer responsible.

Travel in the opposite direction

When you plan to leave Thailand, immigration officers may sometimes want to check your documents for onward travel, which may include tickets to another country, to your home country or return tickets.

Please remember to keep these documents handy. Sometimes boarding will be denied if these documents are missing.

On the other hand, you may also be asked to show proof of sufficient financial means. If you do not provide these documents, you may be denied entry or exit.

UK Emergency Travel Documents

The Thai government accepts British Emergency Travel Documents (E-TDs) for entry, transit by air and departure from the country.

If you choose to enter the country with a British ETD, you should consult your nearest Thai embassy or consulate before your travel date to see if you need a visa.

A bilateral ETD from Thailand is only issued if you can show proof of a non-immigrant visa.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *