Fiancé Visa to the UK

Fiancé Visa

The Fiance Visa is for people who intend to marry a British citizen, but who reside in another country. The visa is issued for a maximum period of 6 months, during which time the parties must formally formalize their marriage in the UK.

If, due to exceptional circumstances, the marriage ceremony is postponed for a certain period of time, the visa can be extended.

Both future spouses must be at least 18 years old.

Those arriving on a Fiance visa are not eligible to work in the UK. Inviting partner (sponsor) must show that he has an income of at least £18,600 a year.

One of the prerequisites: future spouses must prove that they met before and know each other well, as well as demonstrate the intention to live together permanently after marriage.

The Fiance visa applicant must prove that he speaks English at least at A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Before applying for a visa, the applicant must take a language test from the Home Office approved list.

As for minor children of the Fiance visa applicant, they can come to the UK as dependents. But arranging dependency visas on a Fiance visa is a complicated and time-consuming procedure, so immigration specialists recommend arranging dependency visas for children after the applicant officially gets married to a British citizen.

After marriage, it is possible to apply for a Spouse/Civil Partner Visa without leaving the UK.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.