Can British people enter Thailand during Coronavirus?
Requirements for Entry
We know that traveling is important to you! If you are thinking of traveling to Thailand in the near future, we recommend you to read the information we have for you!
Following the new regulations that the Thai government has imposed on all travelers who want to enter this country, a Thailand Health Declaration will be requested by the immigration officers at all international airports in Thailand. Fortunately, our iVisa team can help you to process your Thailand Health Declaration in the fastest, unstressed, and easiest way possible ever! Apply for your Thailand Health Declaration (T.8 Form).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
DO BRITS PASSPORT HOLDERS NEED A VISA TO GO TO THAILAND?
No! Fortunately, Brits passport holders do not require a visa to enter Thailand. But, as we mentioned before, bear in mind that you will need your Thailand Health Declaration. It is a necessary measure not only to protect the Thailand community also to protect yourself and your companion travelers.
WHAT IS THE THAILAND HEALTH DECLARATION?
It’s an official document that certifies a traveler was tested and is free of the new COVID-19. The Thailand Health Declaration (T.8 Form) is an electronic form that once is approved will have a QR that proves you are allowed to enter Thailand with no inconveniences. It must be presented upon arrival to the immigration officers so they can allow you to enter Thailand.
HOW LONG BRITSH PASSPORT HOLDERS CAN REMAIN IN THAILAND WITH THIS T.8 FORM?
As British citizens are part of the countries that are exempt from a visa to visit Thailand, they can stay within the country for 30 days.
DO I NEED A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST RESULT TO ENTER THAILAND?
• COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours
• COVID test after arrival: All travelers will be PCR tested on arrival.
• COVID test in quarantine: Travelers on the Sandbox Programme will be PCR tested in quarantine on day 6/7 and unvaccinated travelers will be PCR tested again in quarantine on day 8/9.
IS QUARANTINE OBLIGATORY WHEN I ARRIVE IN THAILAND?
• Quarantine requirements for exempt travelers: 1 night in pre-booked hotel until a negative result from the PCR test on arrival is received.
• Quarantine exempt nationalities: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, USA, and Hong Kong.
• Sandbox programme nationalities Fully vaccinated travelers from the rest of the world are in the Sandbox programme.
• Quarantine requirements for Sandbox programme travelers: 7 days in pre-booked hotel.
• Quarantine testing for Sandbox programme travelers: PCR test on arrival and on day 6/7.
• Quarantine requirements for all unvaccinated travelers: 10 days in pre-booked hotel.
• Quarantine testing for all unvaccinated travelers: PCR test on arrival and on day 8/9.